When creating a Meta (Facebook) ad in MoxiPromote, you can choose to target either a geographic area or a custom audience. Custom audience ads are a great way to stay top-of-mind with your sphere and grow your repeat-and-referral business. All you need is a CSV file with the email addresses of your leads, past clients, and sphere. Find out how to create a CSV file and use it in your ads below.
We expect to support custom audiences in Google Display ads in the future.
Create your CSV file
- Create a single-column CSV file with the header of “email” (you can download a sample file from inside MoxiPromote; see below).
- Add at least 300 email addresses of the people you want your ad to target.
- Make sure the email addresses are separated by a line break i.e. one email address per row.
Note: It can take up to 24 hours for Meta to verify the list, so upload your list at least a day before you want to create your ad.
Tip: Check out this article to learn how to export a list of contacts from your MoxiEngage CRM: https://support.moxiworks.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035805532-Exporting-People-from-Moxi-Engage
Upload your CSV file
- Go to promote.moxiworks.com and log in to your MoxiWorks account. Select Audiences in the left nav, then select Add Audience.
Note: You can download a sample CSV file in this step.
- Once you've created your CSV file, choose Select File and upload the file from your computer.
Tip: The Sample CSV button will let you download an example CSV file.
- Give your audience a Name, then select Create Audience.
Note: Your audience will show as “Pending” on the main screen until the list is verified by Meta. Once the list is verified, the status will change to “Active”. You can then use the list for your ads.
Add a custom audience to your ad
- Select your preferred Meta ad blueprint from the dashboard,
Note: You can also select your preferred blueprint from My Brand Ads (under Programs), or My Listing Ads (under Programs).
- In the Targeting section, select custom audience instead of geotargeting, then upload the CSV file.
It’s that simple!
Go to promote.moxiworks.com and log in to your MoxiWorks account to create your ads.