To view analytics (tracking/statistics) for projects you send via Premium Email from the Marketing Center:
- Click Projects on the main menu at the top of any page.
- Select the project folder that contains the emailed project.
- Choose the emailed project that you want to view analytics for.
- Click on Email History about halfway down the page.
- Click on the bar graph icon to launch the analytics tool under the Actions column.
The analytics tool launches with the overview displayed. The different kinds of status displayed in the default "Overview" view are:
- Unsubscribed: These recipients chose to unsubscribe from a previous mailing. We did not attempt to send them a copy of this mailing.
- Hard Bounced: We encountered a permanent error when trying to deliver the message to the recipient's email server. Permanent errors include no such user at that domain name, or incorrect domain names. These are usually incorrect email addresses, or email addresses that were once valid but are no longer. We will not attempt to redeliver to addresses that have Hard Bounced
- Soft Bounced: We encountered a temporary error when trying to deliver the message to the recipient's email server. Temporary errors can be a full inbox that is not allow to receive more email or a temporary problem on the receiving server. We will attempt to redeliver these emails every four hours for up to four days.
- Deferred: These are very much like soft bounces, but with a slightly different response from the recipients email server. This is most often caused by 'greylisting' or use of the Sender Policy Framework (SPF). We will attempt to redeliver these emails every four hours for up to four days. In most cases they will be delivered on our second attempt.
- Not Consented: These recipients are not marked as "Consented" in your address book. For more information, see Can you help me comply with the consent/opt-in requirements of the CASL law (Canada) and CAN-SPAM law (U.S.)?
- Error: There was an error with the logging for this email message. We sent the email, but a logging error prevents us from displaying further status. This is an unrecoverable error.
To view the activity of specific recipients, use the "View" menu to select "Recipients":
The analytics tool switches to the Recipients view. The columns displayed are:
- Email Address: The email address of the recipient.
- Status: The most recently available results for the delivery attempt. See the list above for an explanation of each status type.
- First Opened On: The date on which the recipient first viewed the email.
- Last Opened On: The most recent date on which the email was viewed by the recipient, or someone the recipient forwarded the email to.
- Link Clicks: The total number of times any links in the body of the email have been clicked by the recipient, and by others that the recipient forwarded the email to. Applies only to links in the body of an emailed project with clickable content, such as eNewsletters and ePostcards. When emailing projects designed for print, such as flyers and postcards, the "Link Clicks" column is not displayed.