Follow the steps below to indicate that a recipient in your Marketing Center address book has provided consent to receive email from you. Note: These settings only have an effect if you have enabled the setting to send email only to recipients who give consent.
To update the entries:
- Click on Contacts in the main menu at the top of the page:
- Click on a contact who has given consent to receive email from you, but has not yet been marked accordingly in your address book:
- Click on Show Advanced Options near the bottom of the contact's info:
- Click on + Request Consent in the area labeled "Consent History", toward the right side of the page:
- Click on Manually Enter Consent near the bottom of the resulting dialog box:
- Enter a note. (E.g. "Recipient provided email address in guest book at open house" or "I sold their previous home.") in the box labeled How did you obtain consent?.
- Set an expiration period* on the menu labeled "Expires in".
- Click the Save Consent button:
- Click the Save button:
* Set an expiry period for implied consent (you have previously done business together, they mentioned verbally that they would like to receive email from them, they sent you email etc.). For explicit consent, obtained via email, no expiry period is needed. Click here for instructions on how to request explicit consent.
Note: This functionality is meant to help you comply with CASL (Canada) and CAN-SPAM (U.S.), but this functionality is not meant to guarantee compliance. The consent/opt-in requirements are only one element of these laws.
For more information about Canada's CASL law, click here.
For more information about the U.S. CAN-SPAM law, click here.