These instructions assume that you already have a Dropbox account and that you have a contacts file stored in your Dropbox account. If you do not yet have a Dropbox account, visit dropbox.com to sign up.
To import contacts into your address book:
- Click on Contacts in the main menu.
- Click on the Import Contacts button in the left column of the page.
- Enter a new group name and click Add Group or click Select Existing and select an existing group name from the resulting menu.
- Click the Next button.
- Click on the Dropbox icon labeled Excel or CSV file in Dropbox:
- Enter the email address associated with your Dropbox account and your Dropbox password, then click the Sign In button.
- Navigate to the Dropbox folder which contains the contacts file (.csv or .xls).
- Click the file to select it, the click the Choose button.
- See the word "Loading" while your contacts are imported from the Dropbox servers to the Marketing Center site servers.
- See the column matching screen once the contacts have be imported.
Map the imported columns to the correct part of the address book by using the menus where you see the phrase Skip Column:
For example if you see first names in the first column, change "Skip Column" to "First Name." Do this for each column. Leave the menu set to "Skip Column" for any column which you do not wish to import/use.
If the menu does not have a matching entry for a column, you can create a custom field for that column later. Note: You must map at least one column. The email address is a good choice if you want to match only one column.
Use the horizontal scrollbar, below the list, to scroll to the right to make a choice for each column.
- Finish mapping columns as described above, then click the Next button in the lower-right.
- Click the Next button to proceed after viewing a summary of the import to take place.
There may be a pause while the addresses are imported. When the import is done you are shown a summary of the import. Click the Done button to view the group you imported the new contacts into.