This problem results from copying text from a rich text environment (Microsoft Word) to a plain text environment (text fields in forms on web applications like the Marketing Center).
To avoid this problem:
- Go to the File menu in Microsoft Word (or other word processing software) and choose Save as....
- For Save as type: select Plain Text (*.txt) and click the Save button. Save the file to a place you can easily locate it.
- Leave the Text encoding: set to Windows (Default) in the "File Conversion" dialog.
- Check the box to "Allow character substitution" (do not check the box to "insert line breaks").
- Click the OK button.
- Close Microsoft Word.
- Go to the folder you saved the plain text file in.
- Double-click on the text file to open it.
- Copy and paste from the plain text version of the document directly into your project in the Marketing Center.
For projects already exhibiting the problem, delete the character which is being rendered incorrectly and retype it. Click the Save and Continue button to save the changes. Check the results of the change by clicking the Preview button near the top of the left column of the page.