From time to time, you may run out of email storage space and need to take some steps to free up space. Check out all our tips and tricks for cleaning up your email to free up more space for all your most important communications.
Note: This process works best on the Outlook Desktop App.
Managing Email Storage in Outlook and OWA
1. The first thing you should do is clear any Junk or Spam folders you have. Check out the link below on how to do so.
2. Delete other unnecessary emails and clear your Delete folder. Check out the links below on how to do so.
Delete Emails - Outlook Desktop App
Delete Emails - Outlook Web App
3. Archive old emails you no longer need to access but want to keep. Check out the link below on how to do so.
4. Remove large attachments from emails or save them outside of Outlook.
5. Use the Mailbox Clean Up Tool in Outlook Desktop App. Check out the link below on how to do so.
You can also search for other how-to's for your email at www.support.microsoft.com
Note: If you have followed all these steps and your email still needs more storage, please reach out to our Support team for further instruction.