Yes, you can add contacts to a group. To organize your contacts into specific groups as they import, you need to add these groups to the spreadsheet. You can add as many groups as you would like for one contact.
Note: If you have existing Groups/Categories, the spelling must match exactly for contacts to import into the desired group.
To add groups to contacts in your spreadsheet:
- Find the column to add groups.
- The column in the Import CSV is "N" and it is titled "Categories".
- Type the name of the group in the column in the row of the contact you want to add to that group.
- Import your spreadsheet into MoxiEngage.
MoxiEngage automatically creates the groups that you put in your spreadsheet. Then MoxiEngage adds the contacts that you labeled with those groups into the groups.
To add John Smith to a group called "potential sellers", navigate to column "N" in John Smith's row. Type "potential sellers" in the cell. When you import this spreadsheet into Engage, the "potential sellers" group is automatically created and John Smith is added to that group.
See examples for each spreadsheet below on how these groups should be formatted.
MoxiEngage Direct Import:
Add your groups to Column N titled Categories. If you want to add a contact to multiple groups, separate each group name with a semicolon.
Google Mail Import:
Add your groups to column AA titled Group Membership.
- Format for contacts being added to one group:
*My Contacts:::Group 1
- Format for contacts being added to multiple groups:
*My Contacts:::Group1:::Group 2