Step 1: Setting up 2 Step Verification in Office 365
Watch this short video to get started with 2 Step Verification!
The login page you need to access Office 365/OWA: login.microsoftonline.com
Need additional information?
Please read these instructions thoroughly:
- A phone number is required to send a verification code via text message (or phone call) upon logging into your account. (We recommend receiving a text to your verification phone).
- If during the setup process it asks you for an external server, the information for that field is: outlook.office365.com.
- Use your email address as the username, along with your current email password, the first time you sign into the web version of your email.
- If your password is not recognized, you may need to change it, which you can do by logging into the WORC site here: roster.windermere.com. Select “Account Settings” on the left, choose Passwords, and in the Exchange Online Email Password, select “Change Password”.
You may need to remove the exchange account from your phone and then add the account again, in order for it to work properly on mobile devices. Alternatively, it may allow you to enter in the new App password that you will need for your device. Please be aware that the App password you create for your mobile device will be different from your normal Exchange email password that you choose through the WORC site.
Have some devices you need to sync with your Windermere Email? Check out our help article “Step 2: Use the App Password to Set up Your Devices” to find out what to do with that App Password!
If you have followed the above instructions and are encountering any issues, please reach out to our dedicated 2 Step Verification Team on 206-294-1939.
Step 2: Use the App Password to Set up Your Devices
Watch this video first to find out:
- How to get your App Password (if you need it)
- How to add your email to your iPhone
Steps to adding Windermere email to iphone or ipad:
- Tap on the settings icon (the grey gear)
- Scroll down and tap on "Accounts & Passwords"
- Select "Add Account"
- Choose Exchange
- Enter your Windermere email address (and a description if you would like to) then tap next
- Select "Configure Manually"
- Enter the long App Password (not your normal password) (if you need to generate a new App password, you can find some instructions on how to do this here: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Create-an-app-password-for-Office-365-3e7c860f-bda4-4441-a618-b53953ee1183?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US
- Enter your Windermere email as your username
- Enter the server as outlook.office365.com and tap next
If it is successful, you should see check marks appear and then it will go to the toggles asking if you want to add mail, contacts, calendars and reminders.
If you have tried the above and are using the app password, sometimes it can make a difference if you are on wifi or on your cellular network. If you were on wifi and not having success, turn wifi off and try to add while connected to cellular data.