The Custom Search option is a great way to personalize your site and showcase your areas of expertise. You can create as many custom searches as you choose, and a new page for each search shows on your Site Navigation Menu.
To create custom searches, follow the below steps:
- From your Website Admin, click on View Site under the Admin Tool Bar (see below).
- This brings you to your Website homepage.
- Click Properties and select Property Search (see below).
- NOTE: Property Search may also be located on your menu bar by Home.
- On the search screen, select the Filters dropdown to see the full list of search criteria available (see below).
- Select the criteria you would like to use for your search, and click the Search button (see below).
- Copy the URL that appears in the address bar in your Web browser, starting with the word “search.” DO NOT copy your domain name.
- On the Admin Tool Bar, select Site Page (see below).
- Select Add New (see below).
- This brings you to the Add New Page pop up box. Select Custom Search (see below).
- Click Submit.
- This brings you to the Custom Property Search Page screen (see below).
- Add a title for your search in the Custom Search Title field (see above, circled in red).
- Paste the URL you copied earlier into the Custom Search Path field (see above, circled in green).
- Once all of this has been completed, click the Save button (see above, indicated by the red arrow).
That’s it! A page now appears on your Site Navigation Menu. You can choose to reorder your Site Navigation Menu however you like. It’s recommended that you keep your Site Navigation Menu easy to navigate by reordering or grouping pages. For more information, refer to the help document Organizing Your Site Navigation Menu.